Skip to main content

Last episode of Bukas and Joints (Tour guide) Anago Osho made a shocking revelation

  • mycookeryzone Welcome to MyCookery Zone Food Media| 
  • Last episode of Bukas and Joints (Tour guide) Anago Osho made a shocking revelation during his visit to historical places in the city of Badagry. To be precise, at Badagry slave museum & port. (Anago disclosed that he was once a "slave" during the tour with Host Akah Nnani ) 
  • "I may have been taken as a slave through Badagry, Whydah or Lagos but came back as a reincarnation of my former slave self." Bukas and Joints (Tour guide) Anago Osho tells MCZ Food Media more, about his slavery's story.
  • MCZ Food Media, asked him to clarify the statement here is all what he told MCZ Food Media. "That's my consciousness. I know I have been here before. I was taken as a slave to Cuba at the age of 15 in 1768. I was born originally in 1753 and became born again in this generation. Slave history is the tale of my past and I tell it. The returnees did not come back through Badagry. Majority who came back to West Africa came back through the slave port of Lagos and from there traced their roots to the hinterland like Abeokuta, etc. 

  • Unfortunately, a lot of people hardly talked about that. I wrote about that on my blog. I may have been taken as a slave through Badagry, Whydah or Lagos but came back as a reincarnation of my former slave self. The consciousness is great in me. We were brought up not to believe in it but what can I do when I know through my actions that I was a former enslaved African in the mid 18th century born anew. 

  • There is no future in isolation of the past. History is the future. The true Knowledge of the enslaved should be taught to everyone, students, including politicians in Africa, maybe it will make the people more compassionate towards each other when every persons realize the agony we former enslaved people went through."

  • #anagojamesakeemosho #bukasandjoints#bukasandjointsseason4 @Akahnnani@anagojamesakeemosho
  • mikeluv19I didn't know some were taken away and made it back. I hope to visit the museum in the future


Popular posts from this blog

The history of Seriki Williams Abass Of Badagry and his Brazilian BARRACOON By Anago James Akeem Osho

The History of Seriki Williams Abass of Badagry and his Brazilian Barracoon By Anago James Akeem Osho The Statue of Seriki Williams Abass at Aiyetoro round about near Abeokuta. Seriki Abass ruled Badagry for 24years, founded Aiyetoro and Idogo. PHOTO CREDIT: Anago James Akeem Osho Seriki Williams Abass was born originally at a town in Yorubaland called Ijoga Orile. The town is in todays Ogun State in South West Nigeria. Ijoga Orile is not far from Ilaro and Abeokuta. His birth name was Faremilekun and his father’s name was Fagbemi. He was captured by the Dahomeans and became a slave at the age of six years old. The country called Benin Republic today used to be known as Dahomey. The name Dahomey was changed to Benin Republic in 1975.

Ori Oke Erio of Ayo Babalola, A Religious tour of Erio Ekiti Nigeria BY Anago James Akeem Osho

Ayo Babalola's church, built in 1933.

HISTORY OF PORTO NOVO / AJASE by Anago James Akeem Osho

Anago James Akeem Osho standing behind Papa Urbain Karim Da Silva at the Da Silva family house Porto Novo Porto Novo is a great City with a great history. It is the capital of Benin republic and is situated on the West African Coast. The word Porto Novo is a Portuguese word which means New port. The Portuguese were the first European to settle down there. Porto Novo is also known as Ajase (Ajace) by the Yorubas, and known as Hogbonu by the Ogu. Porto Novo was established in the 16th Century. It was a Slave port controlled by the Alaafin of Oyo. The Oyo Empire was a great empire which also controlled the Slave port of Badagry. It partly controlled the Slave port of Whydah (Ouidah) for a period before Whydah was completely taken over by the Dahomey Kings.